Our client is an iconic pub located in Yarra Glen, the gateway to the Yarra valley. Steeped in history this beautiful old pub was built in 1888 and is a landmark historical hotel currently listed with the national trust. Boasting a modern menu together with well executed pub classics this is the perfect old-fashioned drinking spot and has a legion of loyal customers. This is great opportunity for a dedicated sous chef looking for a new challenge in a stable environment. There is flexible rotating roster and generous conditions and remuneration are on offer the right candidate.
As Sous Chef, you will be assisting the Head Chef in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the kitchen. This includes running a busy service alongside ordering and assisting with menu design. You will not be afraid of hard work, and your passion for food will drive you to constantly improve the product offering.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- Applicable trade qualifications and accreditations
- Appropriate experience preferably within a fast paced, restaurant/pub environment
- Ability to plate up high quality, creative food
- Desire to develop your skills and progress your career
- Previous experience managing food costs and ordering,
- Previous experience leading a team
- Proficiency in all aspects of food safety, including HACCAP
- Positive communication skills, energy and attitude
Salary:$65,000 - $75,000