Sitting amongst the foothills of the Blue Mountains, a traditional and popular Irish pub are on the lookout for their second in charge in the kitchen. With a warm interior and a perfect harmony of traditional Irish bar with a modern dinning venue, this premium pub destination has quickly become the go-to hot spot for functions, sports and entertainment.
We are seeking an experienced Sous chef to join the stable kitchen team and help assist the Head Chef in the running and operating of the back of house. This is a hands-on position and part of the role is being responsible for food costing, ordering and plating up exceptional quality food.
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to use the best of local produce to help design menus to suite the clientele. In the head chef’s absence, you will oversee your kitchen team while liaising with the operations manager on the day to day ins and outs of the venue.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
• Applicable trade qualifications and accreditations.
• Previous experience in a busy pub style venue
• Proficiency in all aspects of food safety, including HACCAP
• Positive communication skills, energy and attitude
• Assist in the training and development of the kitchen team including apprentices
• Ability to manage ordering, including stock levels, budgets and suppliers
Salary:$65,000 - $75,000