Located in the beautiful Dandenong Ranges, approximately 50 minutes from the Melbourne CBD, our client is an award winning conference and events venue, who are searching for an experienced Sous Chef. This role would suit someone who is looking for a work life balance, as it is anticipated that you will only be required to work approximately 26 weekends per year, with an even mix of day and night shifts.
As a hands-on Sous Chef, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the kitchen, including some food costing, ordering and plating up exceptional quality food. As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to use the best of local produce to help design menus to suite the clientele. In the head chefs absence you will be responsible for managing your kitchen team. You should have a good understanding of financial management within the kitchen, including basic food costing.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- Applicable trade qualifications and accreditation’s
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef or senior CDP looking to transition to a sous chef role.
- Ability to manage ordering, including stock levels, budgets and suppliers
- Previous experience managing a team, including training
- Ability to manage all dietary requirements, some complex in nature.
- Proficiency in all aspects of food safety, including HACCAP
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, and lead by example
- Positive communication skills, energy and attitude
Salary:$55,000 - $65,000