Located just 1 hour from Melbourne in the beautiful Mornington peninsula, an established private members club is looking for a dedicated Head Chef to join their team. Combining spectacular views and private beach access, this unique club operates a busy bar and bistro and has the capacity to cater for up to 150 guests for functions and events.
This is a hands-on roll, so the successful candidate should have the skills and experience to manage a busy kitchen during service periods. Reporting to the venue manager, you will work together to ensure the small team is equipped to deliver a high-quality product. You will be required to step up and manage all aspects of the kitchen operation, which may include ordering, stocktake and managing food costs.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate:
- Applicable trade qualifications and accreditations
- Previous experience as a Head Chef, preferably within both a la carte and function environments
- Creativity and knowledge of current food trends
- A passion for food, and desire to consistently improve
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage ordering, including stock levels, budgets and suppliers
- Proficiency in all aspects of food safety, including HACCAP and Food Safety Supervisor
- Experience managing a team, including good leadership skills
- Positive communication skills, energy and attitude
Salary:$75,000 - $85,000
Location:Mt Eliza, VIC
Job Type:Full Time