Having recently opened their second store, the reception to this unique brand of middle eastern inspired hospitality has been overwhelmingly positive. As well as attracting a lot of media attention the locals are loving this new addition to Fairfield.
Our client has an opening for a head chef or senior sous who can assist with the growth of this unique cafe and events space. Reporting to a renowned Executive Chef, you will assist with menu development, diversification and areas of new business.
In this hands-on role, you will mentor; sharing your enthusiasm for flavours, quality produce and technique. You will be the source of inspiration for your staff, ensuring a positive work environment. Consistency of standards is extremely important, and you will draw on your previous experience in a similar fast paced café/restaurant environment.
What you will bring to the table:
- An infectious passion for food and cooking
- Demonstrated ability manage, train and mentor a small team
- A solid relationship with suppliers, using the best of local fresh ingredients
- Experience in menu planning, costing
- Capability to ensure effective OH & S standards are being maintained
- A personality that motivates and encourages employee moral
- A collaborative nature – working with the executive chef/ owners to expand and develop the growing business
- Proven ability to organise and participate in special events
You will also need:
- An eye for detail, with the ability to problem solve, prioritising workloads to deliver deadlines and KPIs and ensure store standards are maintained
- Demonstrated experience and ability to control labour costs
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to engage and motivate others
- Passion and enthusiasm, with a very “hands on” approach
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and organizational skills
- At least 4 years at a similar level
- Strong aspiration to grow and develop
- Ability to work over weekends and public holidays
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
In return, you will receive:
- The opportunity to grow with a rapidly developing business
- A flexible work schedule with most nights off!
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of skilled and experienced individuals
Salary:$75,000 - $85,000