Our client has an opening for a head chef who can assist with the growth of this unique cafe and boutique furniture/home-ware store. Having recently opened in Hawthorn the reception to this unique brand of hospitality has been overwhelmingly positive. The concept for the store and cafe was inspired by 18 months travelling and meeting people in remote parts of the world.
As a hands-on Head Chef, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the kitchen, including food cost, ordering and plating up exceptional quality food. You will have the opportunity to design and deliver an on-trend menu, in line with our client’s vision. You will be responsible for training and mentoring a small kitchen team, ensuring appropriate rostering is completed in line with wage costs. Reporting directly to the owners you will also assist with diversification and areas of new business.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- Applicable trade qualifications and accreditations
- Previous experience within a similar, cafe environment
- Ability to design and deliver a creative and exciting menu
- Ability to manage ordering, including stock levels, budgets and suppliers
- Previous experience managing a team, including rostering
- Proficiency in all aspects of food safety, including HACCAP
- Positive communication skills, energy and attitude
- A passion for food in line with our client’s vision, and desire to consistently improve
Salary:$65,000 - $75,000