We currently have a unique opportunity for a cooking class and events coordinator in this well-known speciality foods and cookware store in Melbourne’s South East. The cooking School coordinator is responsible for the day to day operations of the school ensuring that every guest, sponsor and presenter enjoys an exceptional experience. This is an exciting and diverse position which will see the successful candidate work across all facets of the business.
Our client is looking for a capable industry trained professional (preferably a chef) who is confident, personable and thrives on a challenge. This roll offers a fantastic lifestyle balance with predominately day shifts and cooking classes only conducted every second weekend.
The successful candidate will,
- Service focused comfortable making decisions under pressure while maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Very well organised with strong planning skills able to manage a busy workload & differing priorities
- Articulate with excellent written & oral communication skills – writing, editing, public speaking & engaging presentation skills
- Computer literate – MS Office – Word (intermediate) & Excel (basic)
- Able to work autonomously whilst maintaining a strong connection to staff from all areas of our business willing to make a contribution as needs arise in a small office environment
- Reputable with a good network of suppliers, industry personalities, renowned chefs and able to strengthen good working relationships.
- Expand the annual Cooking School program to include a broad range of relevant topics & exceptional presenters including sought after local chef/food writers as well as visiting internationals.
- Securing corporate, private events and special events with notable food industry personalities
- Working closely with appropriate food industry groups to initiate exclusive food events such Melbourne Food & Wine Festival, publishers/publicists
- Design & Print Promotional Campaigns – oversee production & promotion of the Cooking School Schedule coordinating design, content, printing as well as electronic distribution:
- Event Planning & Management – from conception through to execution.
- Shopping & preparation for each class and clean up after each;
- Ensure all class recipes are correct & formatted and complied in readiness for each class/event
- Assist in the supervision of staff and in opening/closing retail store as required
- Assist in our promotional planning in conjunction with the Managing Director & Retail Manager
- Maintain a high standard of safe food handling in accordance with Food Safety requirements
- Seasonal Gift Box offer – assisting in putting together a range & making up orders as required. This usually coincides with the conclusion of our Cooking School program of classes/events.